Turn Those Clapping Hands into Angry Balled Fists
Wrapped in comforters, sweating through sheets
Drink your coffee in the morning
Flown in on airplanes across vast seas
And your house is made of wood
Central air, central heat
You got your furniture of particle board
Your doors are locked for safety
And you walk in leather shoes
Pants of denim, a black cotton sweatshirt
You do what you do
Because doing can start to form a habit
And you drink all night long
And you sleep through the morning
If something doesn't break
I'm just going to go, go fucking insane
You sweep and mop the floor when it's dirty
Do the dishes when the sink is full
And when the refrigerator's empty, it's time, it's time
It's time to go to the store
You put your books on a shelf
Clothes arranged in the closet
You hang the things on the walls
That you don't want to be so easily forgotten
I hate these songs
I hate the words that the singer is singing to me
I hate this melody
I hate this stupid fucking drum beat
But I'm not going to tell anyone
What I'm really thinking about
Keeping conversations on the surface, just keep on smiling
Just keep on saying everything's going to be alright
Writer(s): THOMAS GABEL
Lyrics powered by www.musixmatch.com
Other Album Tracks
- Cliché Guevara
- Mutiny on the Electronic Bay
- Sink, Florida, Sink
- Slurring the Rhythms
- Rice and Bread
- Brief yet Triumphant Intermission
- Unsubstantiated Rumors...
- You Look Like I Need a Drink
- Turn Those Clapping Hands into Angry Balled Fists
© 2020 All rights reserved. Rockol.com S.r.l. Website image policy
- Rockol only uses images and photos made available for promotional purposes (“for press use”) by record companies, artist managements and p.r. agencies.
- Said images are used to exert a right to report and a finality of the criticism, in a degraded mode compliant to copyright laws, and exclusively inclosed in our own informative content.
- Only non-exclusive images addressed to newspaper use and, in general, copyright-free are accepted.
- Live photos are published when licensed by photographers whose copyright is quoted.
- Rockol is available to pay the right holder a fair fee should a published image’s author be unknown at the time of publishing.
Please immediately report the presence of images possibly not compliant with the above cases so as to quickly verify an improper use: where confirmed, we would immediately proceed to their removal.