No wind breathed in the sky
When a pin-striped suit
Saw that the Institute of Mental Health was burning.
He stood upon the corner
Where the sun was warmer...
Looking across the street,
He moved the shackles on his feet
As the Institute was burning.
Flames were roaring, singing like a thunderstorm;
Smoke was pouring straight up to the sky;
Windows smashing, Gothic doors and lintels fall;
Timbers crashing and we both know why.
Nobody else came by to stare;
You see, they didn't really care.
Can't call the fire brigade -
None of them had been paid
And so the Institute was burning.
Throughout the city, people say it isn't pretty,
Everyone agrees, and everyone feels glad;
Doctored brains celebrate and everyone waves their chains...
It's a pity they're all mad.
The Institute of Mental Health
Spontaneously killed itself.
Ashes to ashes
And dust to dust:
My chains began to rust
As the Institute was burning, burning, burning.
Writer(s): Marc Kinchen, Alana Simon
Lyrics powered by www.musixmatch.com
Other Album Tracks
- Love Can't Turn Around
- Gypsy Woman (She's Homeless) (Basement Boy "Strip to the Bone" Mix)
- Whistle Song (Sound Factory 12" Mix)
- I'll Be Your Friend (DEF Mix)
- Body Language (Hot Mix)
- 100% of Disin' You (Mike Dunn's Houze Mixx)
- Asking (feat. Clementine Douglas) [Tiësto Remix] - Single
- Volcan - Single
- By the Grace of M K - EP
- Asking (feat. Clementine Douglas) - Single
- Rhyme Dust (Major Lazer Remix) - Single
- забудь меня - Single
- Rhyme Dust (Dimension Remix) - Single
- Rodeo Drive - Single
- Tarzan - Single
© 2023 All rights reserved. Rockol.com S.r.l. Website image policy
- Rockol only uses images and photos made available for promotional purposes (“for press use”) by record companies, artist managements and p.r. agencies.
- Said images are used to exert a right to report and a finality of the criticism, in a degraded mode compliant to copyright laws, and exclusively inclosed in our own informative content.
- Only non-exclusive images addressed to newspaper use and, in general, copyright-free are accepted.
- Live photos are published when licensed by photographers whose copyright is quoted.
- Rockol is available to pay the right holder a fair fee should a published image’s author be unknown at the time of publishing.
Please immediately report the presence of images possibly not compliant with the above cases so as to quickly verify an improper use: where confirmed, we would immediately proceed to their removal.