Reinventing Axl Rose
And doesn't care how many people are counted at the door
That would travel one million miles and ask for nothing more
Than a plate of food and a place to rest
They'd strike chords that cut like a knife
It means so much more than t-shirts or a ticket stub
They'd stop at nothing short of a massacre
Everyone would leave with the memory that there was no place else in the world and this was where they always belonged
We would dance like no one was watching, with one fist in the air
Our arena's just basements and bookstores across an underground America
With this fire, we could light
With this fire, we could
Just gimme a scene where the music is free
And the beer is not the life of the party
And there's no need to shit talk or impress
Cause honesty and emotion are not looked down upon
And every promise that's made and bragged
Is meant, if not kept
We'd do it all because we have to, not because we know why
Beyond a gender, race, and class, we could find what really holds us back
Let's make everybody sing
That they are the beginning and ending of everything
That we all are stronger
Than everything they taught us that we should fear
Writer(s): Thomas James Gabel
Lyrics powered by www.musixmatch.com
Other Album Tracks
- Pints of Guinness Make You Strong
- The Politics of Starving
- We Laugh at Danger (And Break All the Rules)
- I Still Love You Julie
- Scream It Until You're Coughing up Blood
- Jordan's 1st Choice
- Those Anarcho Punks Are Mysterious...
- Reinventing Axl Rose
- Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
- Walking is Still Honest
© 2021 All rights reserved. Rockol.com S.r.l. Website image policy
- Rockol only uses images and photos made available for promotional purposes (“for press use”) by record companies, artist managements and p.r. agencies.
- Said images are used to exert a right to report and a finality of the criticism, in a degraded mode compliant to copyright laws, and exclusively inclosed in our own informative content.
- Only non-exclusive images addressed to newspaper use and, in general, copyright-free are accepted.
- Live photos are published when licensed by photographers whose copyright is quoted.
- Rockol is available to pay the right holder a fair fee should a published image’s author be unknown at the time of publishing.
Please immediately report the presence of images possibly not compliant with the above cases so as to quickly verify an improper use: where confirmed, we would immediately proceed to their removal.