Thoughts And Prayers
If he really doesn't have the time?
And how long would you sleep
If the sun decided not to shine?
There's a man who lives up the block
He doesn't even own a clock
Sometimes he stays awake for days
He's doing it his own way
I used to give my friends a call
Now there's no one left at all
I think my father used to say
"There's got to be a different way to make myself feel okay"
Or maybe that's just how he used to pray
And who cares how people live
If living's all they got?
And who knows how money grows?
Drop a nickel in a pot
I wrote a letter down to you
Like I'm Sullivan Ballou
It's a recipe for blue
Like it's 1862
Maybe I'm just a cast away
Or a poor boy led astray
There's no one left here to betray
The only child of the earth
Nobody left here to give birth
It's hard to tell what that's worth
I used to look up at the sky
Up at the beautiful blue sky
But now the earth has turned to gray
There's got to be a better way
To talk God and hear her say
"There are reasons why it is this way"
Writer(s): Brendan Benson, John Anthony White
Lyrics powered by www.musixmatch.com
Other Album Tracks
- Bored and Razed
- Jack White on Bored and Razed
- Help Me Stranger
- Jack White on Help Me Stranger
- Only Child
- Jack White on Only Child
- Don't Bother Me
- Jack White on Don't Bother Me
- Shine The Light On Me
- Jack White on Shine The Light On Me
- Help Us Stranger - With Track-by-Track Commentary
- Help Us Stranger
- Bored and Razed
- Help Me Stranger - Single
- Hey Gyp (Dig the Slowness)
- Sunday Driver / Now That You're Gone
- Steady, As She Goes
- Carolina Drama (Acoustic Mix)
- Live at Montreux 2008
- Open Your Eyes
© 2020 All rights reserved. Rockol.com S.r.l. Website image policy
- Rockol only uses images and photos made available for promotional purposes (“for press use”) by record companies, artist managements and p.r. agencies.
- Said images are used to exert a right to report and a finality of the criticism, in a degraded mode compliant to copyright laws, and exclusively inclosed in our own informative content.
- Only non-exclusive images addressed to newspaper use and, in general, copyright-free are accepted.
- Live photos are published when licensed by photographers whose copyright is quoted.
- Rockol is available to pay the right holder a fair fee should a published image’s author be unknown at the time of publishing.
Please immediately report the presence of images possibly not compliant with the above cases so as to quickly verify an improper use: where confirmed, we would immediately proceed to their removal.