(The Gift of Sound) Where the Sun Never Goes Down
As things drift slowly in and out of focus.
Being in the theatre is more important than knowing what is going on in the movie.
The sound in the theatre is very loud.
It builds up beacause it can't get out of the theatre.
The actors talk.
We can still hear what they said a minute ago.
This happens in any closed room – sound never leaves it.
If someone goes out to get some soda or popcorn.
Some conversations escape as they leave and enter the lobby.
When the movie's over.
And everyone leaves the theatre.
The accumulated sound leaves with them
And spreads out across the parking lot
To become forever part of the landscape
The film is a gift to the surrounding community.
Writer(s): DAVID BYRNE, TRAD, DAVID BLUMBERG, CLARA HUDMAN
Lyrics powered by www.musixmatch.com
Other Album Tracks
- Tree (Today Is an Important Occasion)
- In the Upper Room
- The Sound of Business
- Social Studies
- (The Gift of Sound) Where the Sun Never Goes Down
- Theadora Is Dozing
- Admiral Perry
- I Bid You Goodnight
- I've Tried
© 2020 All rights reserved. Rockol.com S.r.l. Website image policy
- Rockol only uses images and photos made available for promotional purposes (“for press use”) by record companies, artist managements and p.r. agencies.
- Said images are used to exert a right to report and a finality of the criticism, in a degraded mode compliant to copyright laws, and exclusively inclosed in our own informative content.
- Only non-exclusive images addressed to newspaper use and, in general, copyright-free are accepted.
- Live photos are published when licensed by photographers whose copyright is quoted.
- Rockol is available to pay the right holder a fair fee should a published image’s author be unknown at the time of publishing.
Please immediately report the presence of images possibly not compliant with the above cases so as to quickly verify an improper use: where confirmed, we would immediately proceed to their removal.