Faces all glow but its not too bright
Civilization, its all about knives and forks
Isn't she here? What time is it now?
Is this the right place? Do I fit with her crowd?
I'm gonna be a civilized man someday
Part of me wants to jump and shout
Part of me wants to tear it down
I thought you might prefer the cabernet
Civilization, its all about sex
Havin' a ball in a padded banquet
I'm gonna be that really cool guy someday
The waiter looks me over
Would you like cream or sugar?
I don't know - what was I supposed to say
She wonders if I'll notice
I should have brought some roses
Her plate is full, she hasn't eaten all day
Glasses collect we order some booze
She looks at me, I stare at her shoes
Mature situations, maybe a broken heart
Maybe I ought to pay the bill
Maybe she thinks I never will
A million things that cross a woman's mind
Just be yourself, well that's what they say
I barely know who I was yesterday
I'm gonna be that civilized guy someday
Good friends and conversations
The rise and fall of nations
A moments glory and they've had their day
And on my high school folder
I drew a big gorilla
Something familiar, something far, far away
Somewhere between the darkness and light
She touches my hand, she don't seem to mind
We can go home, we can be civilized
Writer(s): David Byrne
Lyrics powered by www.musixmatch.com
Other Album Tracks
- Glass, Concrete & Stone
- The Man Who Loved Beer
- Au fond du temple saint
- Tiny Apocalypse
- She Only Sleeps
- Dialog Box
- The Other Side of This Life
© 2020 All rights reserved. Rockol.com S.r.l. Website image policy
- Rockol only uses images and photos made available for promotional purposes (“for press use”) by record companies, artist managements and p.r. agencies.
- Said images are used to exert a right to report and a finality of the criticism, in a degraded mode compliant to copyright laws, and exclusively inclosed in our own informative content.
- Only non-exclusive images addressed to newspaper use and, in general, copyright-free are accepted.
- Live photos are published when licensed by photographers whose copyright is quoted.
- Rockol is available to pay the right holder a fair fee should a published image’s author be unknown at the time of publishing.
Please immediately report the presence of images possibly not compliant with the above cases so as to quickly verify an improper use: where confirmed, we would immediately proceed to their removal.