Smart people makin'
Horrible decisions, you know?
Rich n-, gettin'
My d- sucked after the show
I ain't gonna lie, we were poor
A bunch of lost souls in survival mode
It wasn't no way for us
Unless we find our own
Runnin' in stores, kickin' in doors
Nigga, give me my glory
Nigga play with me
He ain't gon' live to tell the story
You know this the type of shit we glorify
Everybody "gang, gang"
Most of the people that you grew up with
Man, in chain gang
In the box, gettin' pink
Nigga shit where you sleep
Nigga shit where you еat
Who'da ever knew that
I would bеcome a fuckin' Kodak?, Yeah
Rap money good but I'm still pumpin'
Gas through the hood
Droppin' off plates to the fam'
Got the baby snipers standin'
On that murk business, yeah
Slidin' for Yak
They ready for whatever
I always knew that everything
Would get better
And the show got greater later
All the game came from the
Elders like hand me downs
Me and my brothers will hear me now
Now I'm givin' game back to the old heads
And the respect come first
Yeah, you know?
Can't be better than the OG's
You gotta get it somewhere
Gotta come from somethin'
Gotta come from nothin'
We ain't seen this comin'
We got more than a blessin'
What you doing with Kendrick? (Ooh, ooh)
What you doing with a legend? (Ooh, ooh)
So what they call you? (Ooh, ooh)
When it's all said and done
We ain't leavin' empty handed (ooh, ooh)
That's on gang (ooh, ooh)
That's on Ma' Dukes (ooh, ooh)
Poorer than that bitch but she fall through (ooh, ooh)
Makin' ends meet (ooh, ooh)
Daddy deadbeat (ooh, ooh)
Had to steal for a meal or you can't eat
You know? (Ooh, ooh)
Poverty (ooh, ooh)
Real cost, food babies, with (ooh, ooh)
Now look at this shit
We own property
Writer(s): Samuel Joseph Dew, Duval Kojo Timothy, Bill K. Kapri
Lyrics powered by www.musixmatch.com
Other Album Tracks
- United In Grief
- Worldwide Steppers
- Die Hard
- Father Time (feat. Sampha)
- Rich (Interlude)
- Rich Spirit
- We Cry Together
- Purple Hearts
- Count Me Out
© 2022 All rights reserved. Rockol.com S.r.l. Website image policy
- Rockol only uses images and photos made available for promotional purposes (“for press use”) by record companies, artist managements and p.r. agencies.
- Said images are used to exert a right to report and a finality of the criticism, in a degraded mode compliant to copyright laws, and exclusively inclosed in our own informative content.
- Only non-exclusive images addressed to newspaper use and, in general, copyright-free are accepted.
- Live photos are published when licensed by photographers whose copyright is quoted.
- Rockol is available to pay the right holder a fair fee should a published image’s author be unknown at the time of publishing.
Please immediately report the presence of images possibly not compliant with the above cases so as to quickly verify an improper use: where confirmed, we would immediately proceed to their removal.