The sky is gray and white and cloudy
Sometimes I think it's hanging down on me
And it's a hitchhike a hundred miles
I'm a ragamuffin child
Pointed finger, painted smile
I left my shadow waitin' down the road for me a while
My thoughts are scattered and they're cloudy
They have no borders, no boundaries
They echo and they swell
From Tolstoy to Tinker Bell
Down from Berkeley to Carmel
Got some pictures in my pocket and a lot of time to kill
I haven't seen you in a long time
Why don't you show your face and bend my mind?
These clouds stick to the sky
Like a floating question, "Why?"
They linger there to die
They don't know where they're going and, my friend, neither do I
Writer(s): Paul Simon, Bruce Woodley
Lyrics powered by www.musixmatch.com
Other Album Tracks
- Scarborough Fair / Canticle
- Homeward Bound
- The Big Bright Green Pleasure Machine
- The 59th Street Bridge Song (Feelin' Groovy)
- The Dangling Conversation
- Flowers Never Bend with the Rainfall
- A Simple Desultory Philippic (Or How I Was Robert McNamara'd into Submission)
- For Emily, Whenever I May Find Her
- Live At Carnegie Hall 1969 - EP
- Playlist: Simon and Garfunkel's Greatest Hits
- The Complete Studio Albums Collection
- The Complete Albums Collection
- The Early Years 1957-1962
- Two Teenagers (The Beginning as Tom & Jerry, Artie Garr, Jeremy Landis, True Taylor)
- Sounds of Silence
- Cards of Love
- The Best of the Simon & Garfunkel, The Tom & Jerry Years
- An Introduction, Meet Simon & Garfunkel
© 2020 All rights reserved. Rockol.com S.r.l. Website image policy
- Rockol only uses images and photos made available for promotional purposes (“for press use”) by record companies, artist managements and p.r. agencies.
- Said images are used to exert a right to report and a finality of the criticism, in a degraded mode compliant to copyright laws, and exclusively inclosed in our own informative content.
- Only non-exclusive images addressed to newspaper use and, in general, copyright-free are accepted.
- Live photos are published when licensed by photographers whose copyright is quoted.
- Rockol is available to pay the right holder a fair fee should a published image’s author be unknown at the time of publishing.
Please immediately report the presence of images possibly not compliant with the above cases so as to quickly verify an improper use: where confirmed, we would immediately proceed to their removal.