A Simple Desultory Philippic (Or How I Was Robert McNamara'd into Submission)
I been John O'Hara'd, McNamara'd
I been Rolling Stoned and Beatled till I'm blind
I been Ayn Randed, nearly branded communist
'Cause I'm left-handed
That's the hand I use, well, never mind
I been Phil Spectored, resurrected
I been Lou Adlered, Barry Sadlered
Well, I paid all the dues I want to pay
And I learned the truth from Lenny Bruce
And all of my wealth won't buy me health
So I smoke a pint of tea a day
I knew a man, his brain was so small
He couldn't think of nothing at all
Not the same as you and me
He doesn't dig poetry
He's so unhip, when you say Dylan
He thinks you're talkin' about Dylan Thomas
Whoever he was
The man ain't got no culture
But it's alright, ma, everybody must get stoned
I been Mick Jaggered, been silver daggered
Andy Warhol, won't you please come home?
I been mothered, fathered, aunt and uncled
Been Roy Haleed and Art Garfunkeled
I just discovered somebody's tapped my phone
(I've lost my harmonica, Albert)
Writer(s): PAUL SIMON
Lyrics powered by www.musixmatch.com
Other Album Tracks
- Scarborough Fair / Canticle
- Homeward Bound
- The Big Bright Green Pleasure Machine
- The 59th Street Bridge Song (Feelin' Groovy)
- The Dangling Conversation
- Flowers Never Bend with the Rainfall
- A Simple Desultory Philippic (Or How I Was Robert McNamara'd into Submission)
- For Emily, Whenever I May Find Her
- Live At Carnegie Hall 1969 - EP
- Playlist: Simon and Garfunkel's Greatest Hits
- The Complete Studio Albums Collection
- The Complete Albums Collection
- The Early Years 1957-1962
- Two Teenagers (The Beginning as Tom & Jerry, Artie Garr, Jeremy Landis, True Taylor)
- Sounds of Silence
- Cards of Love
- The Best of the Simon & Garfunkel, The Tom & Jerry Years
- An Introduction, Meet Simon & Garfunkel
© 2020 All rights reserved. Rockol.com S.r.l. Website image policy
- Rockol only uses images and photos made available for promotional purposes (“for press use”) by record companies, artist managements and p.r. agencies.
- Said images are used to exert a right to report and a finality of the criticism, in a degraded mode compliant to copyright laws, and exclusively inclosed in our own informative content.
- Only non-exclusive images addressed to newspaper use and, in general, copyright-free are accepted.
- Live photos are published when licensed by photographers whose copyright is quoted.
- Rockol is available to pay the right holder a fair fee should a published image’s author be unknown at the time of publishing.
Please immediately report the presence of images possibly not compliant with the above cases so as to quickly verify an improper use: where confirmed, we would immediately proceed to their removal.