Ballin' the Jack
From Canada to Mexico
They're doing a new dance, a tried and a true dance
That will sweep the land
And you'll think it's so grand
You'll have to learn how to do it
So, please don't boo-woo it
'Cause we got this little dance that's gonna rise to fame
It's sure to put 'most any other dance to shame
The Turkey Trot, the Bunny Hug, the Tickley Toe
Will be forgotten when we start to go
Mister Leader, won't you start the syncopation?
And we'll begin our little demonstration
First you put your two knees close up tight
Then, you sway it to the left and you sway it to the right
Step around the floor kind of nice and light
Then you twist around, you twist around with all of your might
Stretch your lovin' arms straight out in space
Then you do the Eagle Walk-a with-a style and grace
Swing your foot way 'round and bring it back
Now that's what I call Ballin' the Jack!
Ballin' the Jack!
Writer(s): Luther Henderson, Chris Smith, Henry James Burris
Lyrics powered by www.musixmatch.com
Other Album Tracks
- For Me and My Gal
- When You Wore a Tulip
- Ballin' the Jack
- Long Ago and Far Away
- The King Who Couldn't Dance (The Worry Song)
- We Hate to Leave
- I Begged Her
- If You Knew Susie Like I Know Susie
- The Babbitt and the Bromide
- Fido and Me
© 2021 All rights reserved. Rockol.com S.r.l. Website image policy
- Rockol only uses images and photos made available for promotional purposes (“for press use”) by record companies, artist managements and p.r. agencies.
- Said images are used to exert a right to report and a finality of the criticism, in a degraded mode compliant to copyright laws, and exclusively inclosed in our own informative content.
- Only non-exclusive images addressed to newspaper use and, in general, copyright-free are accepted.
- Live photos are published when licensed by photographers whose copyright is quoted.
- Rockol is available to pay the right holder a fair fee should a published image’s author be unknown at the time of publishing.
Please immediately report the presence of images possibly not compliant with the above cases so as to quickly verify an improper use: where confirmed, we would immediately proceed to their removal.