When a forget-me-not floated by
Well, that woman wasn't nothing but drop dead gorgeous
Couldn't help but follow her inside
Well, she pranced like a princess over to the tulips
And picked up a couple for a sniff
Then she busted me watchin' as I snatched up a few with
A guilty, clumsy, bashful whiff
Well, I wanted to cower into the flowers
But I spoke before I thought
And I said, "Maybe your two lips and my two lips could talk"
Well, she smiled a sheepish grin and she laughed a precious giggle
Her cheeks were about as pink as her toes
And I tried to play it cool, but I was just as tickled
Mine were about as red as a rose
So we did a little meet and greet two-step toward the checkout
Flirted in the back of the line
She pulled up her wallet, and I said "Put that down"
And I took care of hers and mine
I said, "I'll let you scurry if you're in a hurry"
"But if you've got the evenin' off"
"Maybe your two lips and my two lips could walk"
She said, "Well, I don't normally do this"
And I said, "Girl, it ain't like I do"
She said, "These are for my windowsill"
And I said, "These are for you"
We wandered out that door through the tiny town of Fairhope
Far as that sidewalk went
Gently brushin' shoulders, lightly touchin' elbows
Purposely on accident
Then she lost her sandals and I lost my ropers
And we got lost by the bay
Singin' the drifter, splashin' like lovers
Under the boardwalk shade
Well, our eyes met in the quiet of a comfy silence
And I put my hands on her hips
And I said, "Maybe your two lips and my two lips could kiss"
And then her two lips and my two lips kissed
Writer(s): Walker Hayes, Laney Walker
Lyrics powered by www.musixmatch.com
Other Album Tracks
- Kitchen Table
- Cherry Stem
- Why Wait For Summer
- Mama's Hot
- My Best Friend's Fiancee
- Wax Paper Cups
© 2021 All rights reserved. Rockol.com S.r.l. Website image policy
- Rockol only uses images and photos made available for promotional purposes (“for press use”) by record companies, artist managements and p.r. agencies.
- Said images are used to exert a right to report and a finality of the criticism, in a degraded mode compliant to copyright laws, and exclusively inclosed in our own informative content.
- Only non-exclusive images addressed to newspaper use and, in general, copyright-free are accepted.
- Live photos are published when licensed by photographers whose copyright is quoted.
- Rockol is available to pay the right holder a fair fee should a published image’s author be unknown at the time of publishing.
Please immediately report the presence of images possibly not compliant with the above cases so as to quickly verify an improper use: where confirmed, we would immediately proceed to their removal.