I Should Watch TV
I used to think that it was good for me
Wanted to know what folks were thinking
To understand the land I live in
And I would lose myself, and it would set me free
This is the place where common people go
A global franchise, one department store
Yes there were many awkward moments
I had to do some self-atonement
Well if I opened up, well it would set me free
I know, I like
Behold and love this giant
Big soul, big lips
That's me and I miss
Every night I miss a touched-up hairdo
Every night is in the passing lane
Aberration makes you touch dark shadows
The weird things that live in there
I took a walk down to the park today
I wrote a song called "Just Like You and Me"
I heard the jokes from the sports reporter
The right old teams when they faced each other
The more I lost myself the more it set me free
How am I not your brother?
How are you not like me?
Everybody's in the hotel lobby
I'm living in here, yes I am
I feel it moving in my arms and fingers
Touch me and feel like me
It's good to loose and it's good to win sometimes
It's good to die and it's good to be alive
Maybe someday we can stand together
Not afraid of what our eyes might see
Maybe someday I'll understand them better,
The feelings inside of me
Writer(s): Anne Erin Clark, Dp, David Byrne
Lyrics powered by www.musixmatch.com
Other Album Tracks
- Weekend In the Dust
- Dinner for Two
- Ice Age
- I Am an Ape
- The Forest Awakes
- I Should Watch TV
© 2020 All rights reserved. Rockol.com S.r.l. Website image policy
- Rockol only uses images and photos made available for promotional purposes (“for press use”) by record companies, artist managements and p.r. agencies.
- Said images are used to exert a right to report and a finality of the criticism, in a degraded mode compliant to copyright laws, and exclusively inclosed in our own informative content.
- Only non-exclusive images addressed to newspaper use and, in general, copyright-free are accepted.
- Live photos are published when licensed by photographers whose copyright is quoted.
- Rockol is available to pay the right holder a fair fee should a published image’s author be unknown at the time of publishing.
Please immediately report the presence of images possibly not compliant with the above cases so as to quickly verify an improper use: where confirmed, we would immediately proceed to their removal.