Darkness, darkness, be my pillow
Take my head and let me sleep
In the coolness of your shadow
In the silence of your deep
Darkness, darkness, hide my yearning
For the things I cannot see
Keep my mind from constant turning
Towards the things I cannot be
Ah yes, the things I cannot see
Darkness, darkness, long and lonesome
Is the day that brings me here
I have felt the edge of sadness
I have known the depth of fear
Darkness, darkness, be my blanket
Cover me with the endless night
Take away the pain of knowing
Fill the emptiness of fright
Ah yes, the emptiness of fright
Writer(s): Jesse Colin Young
Lyrics powered by www.musixmatch.com
Other Album Tracks
- When I Was Young
- Darkness, Darkness
- Gotta See Jane
- My Little Red Book
- Sail On Sailor
- I'll Be Back Again
- This Wheel's On Fire
- Ballad of a Thin Man
© 2023 All rights reserved. Rockol.com S.r.l. Website image policy
- Rockol only uses images and photos made available for promotional purposes (“for press use”) by record companies, artist managements and p.r. agencies.
- Said images are used to exert a right to report and a finality of the criticism, in a degraded mode compliant to copyright laws, and exclusively inclosed in our own informative content.
- Only non-exclusive images addressed to newspaper use and, in general, copyright-free are accepted.
- Live photos are published when licensed by photographers whose copyright is quoted.
- Rockol is available to pay the right holder a fair fee should a published image’s author be unknown at the time of publishing.
Please immediately report the presence of images possibly not compliant with the above cases so as to quickly verify an improper use: where confirmed, we would immediately proceed to their removal.