With two fans circling overhead, we sleep on borrowed time
And the traffic lights direct empty roads, the stars can't break the city sky
But they still try despite what they know is already true
And tomorrow we'll take aim, just like a storm waiting for a calm.
I can feel everything coming in my chest, my heart's already pounding
My head's on far-off highways, sixteen years old, on a road that never ends.
Might drive into something that looks like a sunset, and it lasts forever, and I never look.
From Hoboken to LA
From Portland to Gainesville
From the Great Plains to Niagara
Route 66 straight to California.
Electric lights carry the night
We move in 4/4 time
Our feet on wheels and in the sky.
Yes we're going cause we'd die if we stayed here
And those dying dreams will carry what's good, and real, and pure
And the rest can burn in hell
And for the four-year-old girl found dead in a dumpster
Shot by her mother, her eulogy,
The sound of construction through head-to-head traffic
Today is just another day.
And me and my friends are just growing into the drunks and the liars that we've always hated.
Every shortcoming has trapped us, every mistake is now our own infinite failure.
So we steal every chance we get
Every advantage is taken when no one's looking
We hide behind closed doors, and we don't stop until
We are the people we've decided we should be.
I wanna be a shot heard round the world, fucking unstoppable
This distance is not something we'll regret
From here, and now, and then, and forever, and days after that till the very end.
Lyrics powered by www.musixmatch.com
Other Album Tracks
- Walking Is Still Honest
- Bob Is Giving Me the Business
- Reinventing Axl Rose
- Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
- Untitled 2
- Those Anarcho Punx Are Mysterious
- We Did It All for Don
© 2020 All rights reserved. Rockol.com S.r.l. Website image policy
- Rockol only uses images and photos made available for promotional purposes (“for press use”) by record companies, artist managements and p.r. agencies.
- Said images are used to exert a right to report and a finality of the criticism, in a degraded mode compliant to copyright laws, and exclusively inclosed in our own informative content.
- Only non-exclusive images addressed to newspaper use and, in general, copyright-free are accepted.
- Live photos are published when licensed by photographers whose copyright is quoted.
- Rockol is available to pay the right holder a fair fee should a published image’s author be unknown at the time of publishing.
Please immediately report the presence of images possibly not compliant with the above cases so as to quickly verify an improper use: where confirmed, we would immediately proceed to their removal.