On the Street Where You Live
She completely done me in.
And my heart went on a journey to the moon,
When she told about her father and the gin.
And I never saw a more enchanting farce
Than that moment when she shouted
"Move your bloomin' "...
I have often walked down this street before;
But the pavement always stayed beneath my feet before.
All at once am I Several stories high.
Knowing I'm on the street where you live.
Are there lilac trees in the heart of town?
Can you hear a lark in any other part of town?
Does enchantment pour Out of ev'ry door?
No, it's just on the street where you live!
And oh! The towering feeling
Just to know somehow you are near.
The overpowering feeling
That any second you may suddenly appear!
People stop and stare. They don't bother me.
For there's no where else on earth that I would rather be.
Let the time go by, I won't care if I
Can be here on the street where you live.
Writer(s): Lerner Alan Jay, Loewe Frederick
Lyrics powered by www.musixmatch.com
Other Album Tracks
- Get Me to the Church On Time
- On the Street Where You Live
- I've Grown Accustomed to Her Face
- Wouldn't It Be Loverly?
- Ascot Gavotte
- Show Me
- With a Little Bit of Luck
- I Could Have Danced All Night
- I Got It Bad and That Ain't Good
- Take the "A" Train
- Songs From West Side Story
- Previn: Essentials
- Hindemith: Piano Sonata No. 3 in B-Flat Major, IPH 115, Barber: Four Excursions, Op. 20 & Martin: Prelude No. 7
- Poulenc: 3 Pièces FP. 48 & Suite Francaise FP. 80 - Roussel: 3 Pièces Op. 49 & Sonatine Op. 16 (Remastered)
- Plays Fats
- Simply the Best
- That Old Feeling With Dinah Shore and Russ Freeman
- Fly Away
- André Previn & His Magic Piano
- Piano Masterpieces
© 2022 All rights reserved. Rockol.com S.r.l. Website image policy
- Rockol only uses images and photos made available for promotional purposes (“for press use”) by record companies, artist managements and p.r. agencies.
- Said images are used to exert a right to report and a finality of the criticism, in a degraded mode compliant to copyright laws, and exclusively inclosed in our own informative content.
- Only non-exclusive images addressed to newspaper use and, in general, copyright-free are accepted.
- Live photos are published when licensed by photographers whose copyright is quoted.
- Rockol is available to pay the right holder a fair fee should a published image’s author be unknown at the time of publishing.
Please immediately report the presence of images possibly not compliant with the above cases so as to quickly verify an improper use: where confirmed, we would immediately proceed to their removal.