Heaven On Their Minds - Jesus Christ Superstar/Soundtrack Version
At last, all too well I can see
Where we all soon will be
If you strip away
The myth from the man
You will see where we all soon will be
Jesus, you've started to believe
The things they say of you
You really do believe
This talk of God is true
And all the good you've done
Will soon get swept away
You begun to matter more.
Than the things you say.
Listen, Jesus I don't like what I see
All I ask is that you listen to me
And remember, I've been your right hand man all along
You have set them all on fire
They think they've found the new Messiah
And they'll hurt you when they find they're wrong
I remember when this whole thing began
No talk of God then, we called you a man
And believe me, my admiration for you hasn't died
But every word you say today,
Gets twisted round some other way
And they'll hurt you if they think you've lied
Nazareth's your famous Son
Should have stayed a great unknown
Like his father carving wood
He'd have made good.
Tables, chairs and oaken chests
Would have suited Jesus best
He'd have caused nobody harm, no one alarm!
Listen Jesus, do you care for your race?
Don't you see we must keep in our place?
We are occupied, have you forgotten how put down we are?
I am frightend by the crowd.
For we are getting much too loud.
And they'll crush us if we go too far,
If we go too far.
Listen Jesus to the warning I give
Please remember that I want us to live
But it's sad to see our chances weakening with every hour
All your followers are blind,
Too much heaven on their minds
It was beautiful but now it's sour,
Yes it's all gone sour
Listen, Jesus to the warning I give
Please, remember that I want us to live
Come on, come on, he won't listen to me
Come on listen, listen to me
Subbed by: Joel Smeets
Writer(s): Rice Timothy Miles Bindon, Lloyd-webber Andrew
Lyrics powered by www.musixmatch.com
Other Album Tracks
- Overture (Jesus Christ Superstar/Soundtrack) - Jesus Christ Superstar/Soundtrack Version
- Heaven On Their Minds - Jesus Christ Superstar/Soundtrack Version
- What's The Buzz - Jesus Christ Superstar/Soundtrack Version
- Strange Thing Mystifying - Jesus Christ Superstar/Soundtrack Version
- Then We Are Decided - Jesus Christ Superstar/Soundtrack Version
- Everything's Alright - Jesus Christ Superstar/Soundtrack Version
- This Jesus Must Die - Jesus Christ Superstar/Soundtrack Version
- Hosanna - Jesus Christ Superstar/Soundtrack Version
- Simon Zealotes - Jesus Christ Superstar/Soundtrack Version
- Poor Jerusalem - Jesus Christ Superstar/Soundtrack Version
© 2022 All rights reserved. Rockol.com S.r.l. Website image policy
- Rockol only uses images and photos made available for promotional purposes (“for press use”) by record companies, artist managements and p.r. agencies.
- Said images are used to exert a right to report and a finality of the criticism, in a degraded mode compliant to copyright laws, and exclusively inclosed in our own informative content.
- Only non-exclusive images addressed to newspaper use and, in general, copyright-free are accepted.
- Live photos are published when licensed by photographers whose copyright is quoted.
- Rockol is available to pay the right holder a fair fee should a published image’s author be unknown at the time of publishing.
Please immediately report the presence of images possibly not compliant with the above cases so as to quickly verify an improper use: where confirmed, we would immediately proceed to their removal.