Slurring the Rhythms
We left them all behind, we left them all behind
There was a place for and there was a time for, we arrive to leave again
There is no point in a keepsake when you run from collections
I know one day there will be a book or a song line to remind me how much it meant to be
Hungry, exhausted, and alone
Direction is a point, direction is a purpose
Destination is a reason to live, oh this heart beats
This could be any day, this could be any year
This could be any stage, this could be any city
All that matters is we are moving on
The roadside graveyards pass and we escape, we escape, we escape, we escape repeating
The construction of a nation building up
And the destruction of a nation tearing down to build again
Oh, oh trailing taillights like the ghosts of the last
To escape those past en route to arrival
We're never going home
Writer(s): ANDREW SEWARD, JAMES BOWMAN, THOMAS GABEL, WARREN OAKES
Lyrics powered by www.musixmatch.com
Other Album Tracks
- A Brief Yet Triumphant Introduction / Cliché Guevarra
- Mutiny On the Electronic Bay
- T.S.R. (This Shit Rules)
- Rice and Bread
- Cavalier Eternal
- Unsubstantiated Rumors (Are Good Enough for Me to Base My Life On)
- Slurring the Rhythms
- You Look Like I Need a Drink / Turn Those Clapping Hands Into Angry Balled Fists
© 2020 All rights reserved. Rockol.com S.r.l. Website image policy
- Rockol only uses images and photos made available for promotional purposes (“for press use”) by record companies, artist managements and p.r. agencies.
- Said images are used to exert a right to report and a finality of the criticism, in a degraded mode compliant to copyright laws, and exclusively inclosed in our own informative content.
- Only non-exclusive images addressed to newspaper use and, in general, copyright-free are accepted.
- Live photos are published when licensed by photographers whose copyright is quoted.
- Rockol is available to pay the right holder a fair fee should a published image’s author be unknown at the time of publishing.
Please immediately report the presence of images possibly not compliant with the above cases so as to quickly verify an improper use: where confirmed, we would immediately proceed to their removal.