Under the Westway / Intermission - Live
Everything was sinking
Said rain would come on Monday
The old school was due and the traffic grew
Upon the Westway
Where I stood watching comets lonesome trails
Shining up above me the jet fuel it fell
Down to earth where the money always comes first
And the sirens sing
Bring us the day they switch off the machines
'Cause men in yellow jackets putting adverts inside my dreams
An automated song and the whole world gone
Fallen under the spell of the distance between us when we communicate
Still picking up shortwave
Somewhere they're out in space
It depends how you're wired when the night's on fire
Under the Westway
Now it's magic arrows hitting the bull
Doing one eighty still standing at last call
When the flags coming down
And the Last Post sounds
Just like a love song
For the way I feel about you
Paradise not lost it's in you
On a permanent basis I apologize
But I am going to sing
Sing it out loud and sing it to ya
Am I lost out at sea
'Til a tide wash me up off the Westway
Writer(s): Damon Albarn
Lyrics powered by www.musixmatch.com
Other Album Tracks
- Girls & Boys - Live
- London Loves - Live
- Tracy Jacks - Live
- Jubilee - Live
- Beetlebum - Live
- Coffee & TV - Live
- Out of Time - Live
- Young and Lovely - Live
- Trimm Trabb - Live
- Caramel - Live
© 2023 All rights reserved. Rockol.com S.r.l. Website image policy
- Rockol only uses images and photos made available for promotional purposes (“for press use”) by record companies, artist managements and p.r. agencies.
- Said images are used to exert a right to report and a finality of the criticism, in a degraded mode compliant to copyright laws, and exclusively inclosed in our own informative content.
- Only non-exclusive images addressed to newspaper use and, in general, copyright-free are accepted.
- Live photos are published when licensed by photographers whose copyright is quoted.
- Rockol is available to pay the right holder a fair fee should a published image’s author be unknown at the time of publishing.
Please immediately report the presence of images possibly not compliant with the above cases so as to quickly verify an improper use: where confirmed, we would immediately proceed to their removal.