Like a memory it falls
Soft and warm, continuing
Tapping on my roof and walls
And from the shelter of my mind
Through the window of my eyes
I gaze beyond the rain drenched streets
To England where my heart lies
My mind's distracted and diffused
My thoughts are many miles away
They lie with you when you're asleep
And kiss you when you start your day
And a song I was writing is left undone
I don't know why I spend my time
Writing songs I can't believe
With words that tear and strain to rhyme
And so you see I have come to doubt
All that I once held as true
I stand alone without beliefs
The only truth I know is you
And as I watch the drops of rain
Weave their weary paths and die
I know that I am like the rain
There but for the grace of you go I
Writer(s): Paul Simon
Lyrics powered by www.musixmatch.com
Other Album Tracks
- The Sound of Silence - Overdubbed Version
- Leaves That Are Green
- Kathy's Song
- Somewhere They Can't Find Me
- Richard Cory
- A Most Peculiar Man
- April Come She Will
- We've Got a Groovy Thing Goin'
- Live At Carnegie Hall 1969 - EP
- Playlist: Simon and Garfunkel's Greatest Hits
- The Complete Studio Albums Collection
- The Complete Albums Collection
- The Early Years 1957-1962
- Two Teenagers (The Beginning as Tom & Jerry, Artie Garr, Jeremy Landis, True Taylor)
- Sounds of Silence
- Cards of Love
- The Best of the Simon & Garfunkel, The Tom & Jerry Years
- An Introduction, Meet Simon & Garfunkel
© 2020 All rights reserved. Rockol.com S.r.l. Website image policy
- Rockol only uses images and photos made available for promotional purposes (“for press use”) by record companies, artist managements and p.r. agencies.
- Said images are used to exert a right to report and a finality of the criticism, in a degraded mode compliant to copyright laws, and exclusively inclosed in our own informative content.
- Only non-exclusive images addressed to newspaper use and, in general, copyright-free are accepted.
- Live photos are published when licensed by photographers whose copyright is quoted.
- Rockol is available to pay the right holder a fair fee should a published image’s author be unknown at the time of publishing.
Please immediately report the presence of images possibly not compliant with the above cases so as to quickly verify an improper use: where confirmed, we would immediately proceed to their removal.