Tom's Diner (7" Version)
I am waiting at the counter for the man to pour the coffee
And he fills it only halfway
And before I even argue
He is looking out the window at somebody coming in
"It is always nice to see you," says the man behind the counter
To the woman who has come in
She is shaking her umbrella
And I look the other way as they are kissing their hellos
And I'm pretending not to see them
And instead I pour the milk
I open up the paper
There's a story of an actor who had died while he was drinking
He was no one I had heard of
And I'm turning to the horoscope
And looking for the funnies
When I'm feeling someone watching me
And so I raise my head
There's a woman on the outside looking inside
Does she see me?
No, she does not really see me
'Cause she sees her own reflection
And I'm trying not to notice
That she's hitching up her skirt
And while she's straightening her stockings
Her hair is getting wet
Oh, this rain, it will continue through the morning
As I'm listening to the bells of the cathedral
I am thinking of your voice
Writer(s): Suzanne Vega
Lyrics powered by www.musixmatch.com
© 2023 All rights reserved. Rockol.com S.r.l. Website image policy
- Rockol only uses images and photos made available for promotional purposes (“for press use”) by record companies, artist managements and p.r. agencies.
- Said images are used to exert a right to report and a finality of the criticism, in a degraded mode compliant to copyright laws, and exclusively inclosed in our own informative content.
- Only non-exclusive images addressed to newspaper use and, in general, copyright-free are accepted.
- Live photos are published when licensed by photographers whose copyright is quoted.
- Rockol is available to pay the right holder a fair fee should a published image’s author be unknown at the time of publishing.
Please immediately report the presence of images possibly not compliant with the above cases so as to quickly verify an improper use: where confirmed, we would immediately proceed to their removal.