The Sound of Business
Their business was in another town
Bigger than the town they were driving from.
Business took place during office hours in both towns.
This drive was considered business
The feeling of passing other cars was also considered business
A feeling of business being done.
The feeling of drifting slowly through a field of moving vehicles.
This was the REAL speed – the speed of business.
Not the numbers on the speedometer.
One of them was playing with the radio
Slowly changing the channel from one station to another
Sometimes listening to both channels at once.
On one channel a man was talking to another man on the telephone.
The other channel was playing oldies:
"Gone for Good"
"Sunshine and Sugar"
"Taste of Believing"
"Love Walks Away"
"Knew You Could"
"A Face Like That"
"Visit Me Quick"
"School of Heartache"
The sound of business being done.
Writer(s): David Byrne
Lyrics powered by www.musixmatch.com
Other Album Tracks
- Tree (Today Is an Important Occasion)
- In the Upper Room
- The Sound of Business
- Social Studies
- (The Gift of Sound) Where the Sun Never Goes Down
- Theadora Is Dozing
- Admiral Perry
- I Bid You Goodnight
- Things to Do (I've Tried)
© 2020 All rights reserved. Rockol.com S.r.l. Website image policy
- Rockol only uses images and photos made available for promotional purposes (“for press use”) by record companies, artist managements and p.r. agencies.
- Said images are used to exert a right to report and a finality of the criticism, in a degraded mode compliant to copyright laws, and exclusively inclosed in our own informative content.
- Only non-exclusive images addressed to newspaper use and, in general, copyright-free are accepted.
- Live photos are published when licensed by photographers whose copyright is quoted.
- Rockol is available to pay the right holder a fair fee should a published image’s author be unknown at the time of publishing.
Please immediately report the presence of images possibly not compliant with the above cases so as to quickly verify an improper use: where confirmed, we would immediately proceed to their removal.