About a girl that I once knew
She lived in a great big house
With golden gates where servants bowed
Unashamed I'd sit outside and wait for hours
Hoping that she'd climb down from her ivory towers
This beautiful girl as pretty as any flower had a hold on me
Upstairs in my lonely room
I would dream of being cool
I lived in obsessive bliss
Carefully planning my first kiss
One day I was feeling awfully brave and asked her
If she'd like to come on a date, I just had to
She bent down and gently kissed my face and said oh someday
Oh my god how I loved this girl
But no one ever said that love could burn
Waiting by the phone for days
For a call that never came
But love is cruel and has no wings
But I still hear angels sing
For my Julia
I remember being overwhelmed by her prettiness
If only she would look my way I might be in business
To tell the truth she didn't even know I existed, Julia
Summer took her pretty clothes
Winter came in grey and snow
And I found out she'd moved away
Her best friend said to the north country
Now all this happened many years ago my friend
Regrettably there is no happy end, oh no
She was 14, I was only 10, oh my Julia
Writer(s): John Mclaughlin, Rod Stewart, D Thomas
Lyrics powered by www.musixmatch.com
Other Album Tracks
- Look in Her Eyes
- Hole in My Heart
- Didn't I
- Blood Red Roses
- Give Me Love
- Rest of My Life
- Rollin' & Tumblin'
- The Tears Of Hercules
- I Can't Imagine
- Rod Stewart: 1975-1978
- You're In My Heart: Rod Stewart (with The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra)
- Stop Loving Her Today
- It Takes Two (with Robbie Williams)
- Maggie May (with The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra)
- I Don't Want To Talk About It (with The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra)
- Sailing (with The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra)
© 2023 All rights reserved. Rockol.com S.r.l. Website image policy
- Rockol only uses images and photos made available for promotional purposes (“for press use”) by record companies, artist managements and p.r. agencies.
- Said images are used to exert a right to report and a finality of the criticism, in a degraded mode compliant to copyright laws, and exclusively inclosed in our own informative content.
- Only non-exclusive images addressed to newspaper use and, in general, copyright-free are accepted.
- Live photos are published when licensed by photographers whose copyright is quoted.
- Rockol is available to pay the right holder a fair fee should a published image’s author be unknown at the time of publishing.
Please immediately report the presence of images possibly not compliant with the above cases so as to quickly verify an improper use: where confirmed, we would immediately proceed to their removal.