The Sound of Silence - Electric Version
I've come to talk with you again
Because a vision softly creeping
Left its seeds while I was sleeping
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Within the sound of silence
In restless dreams I walked alone
Narrow streets of cobblestone
'Neath the halo of a street lamp
I turned my collar to the cold and damp
When my eyes were stabbed by
The flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence
And in the naked light I saw
Ten thousand people, maybe more
People talking without speaking
People hearing without listening
People writing songs that voices never share
And no one dared
Disturb the sound of silence
"Fools", said I, "You do not know
Silence like a cancer grows
Hear my words that I might teach you
Take my arms that I might reach you"
But my words, like silent raindrops, fell
And echoed in the wells of silence
And the people bowed and prayed
To the neon God they made
And the sign flashed out its warning
In the words that it was forming
And the sign said
"The words of the prophets are
Written on the subway walls
And tenement halls
And whispered in the sound of silence"
Writer(s): Paul Simon
Lyrics powered by www.musixmatch.com
Other Album Tracks
- Wednesday Morning, 3 A.M. - Live at Lincoln Center, New York City, NY - January 1967
- Bleecker Street
- The Sound of Silence - Electric Version
- Leaves That Are Green - Live at Lincoln Center, New York City, NY - January 1967
- A Most Peculiar Man - Live at Memorial Auditorium, Burlington, VT - October 1968
- I Am a Rock
- Richard Cory
- Kathy's Song - Live in St. Louis, MO - November 1969
- Scarborough Fair / Canticle
- Homeward Bound
- Live At Carnegie Hall 1969 - EP
- Playlist: Simon and Garfunkel's Greatest Hits
- Live At Syracuse University, Syracuse, Ny, Nov 1967 (Remastered)
- The Early Years 1957-1962
- Live 1969
- Old Friends Live On Stage
- The Essential Simon & Garfunkel
- The Collection
- Live from New York City, 1967
- Live From New York City, 1967 (Alben für die Ewigkeit)
© 2024 All rights reserved. Rockol.com S.r.l. Website image policy
- Rockol only uses images and photos made available for promotional purposes (“for press use”) by record companies, artist managements and p.r. agencies.
- Said images are used to exert a right to report and a finality of the criticism, in a degraded mode compliant to copyright laws, and exclusively inclosed in our own informative content.
- Only non-exclusive images addressed to newspaper use and, in general, copyright-free are accepted.
- Live photos are published when licensed by photographers whose copyright is quoted.
- Rockol is available to pay the right holder a fair fee should a published image’s author be unknown at the time of publishing.
Please immediately report the presence of images possibly not compliant with the above cases so as to quickly verify an improper use: where confirmed, we would immediately proceed to their removal.