Old Friends - Live Version
Sat on their park bench like bookends
A newspaper blown through the grass
Falls on the round toes
Of the high shoes of the old friends
Old friends, winter companions, the old men
Lost in their overcoats, waiting for the sun
The sounds of the city sifting through trees
Settle like dust on the shoulders of the old friends
Can you imagine us years from today
Sharing a park bench quietly?
How terribly strange to be 70
Old friends, memory brushes the same years
Silently sharing the same fears
Time it was, and what a time it was, it was
A time of innocence
A time of confidences
Long ago it must be
I have a photograph
Preserve your memories
They're all that's left you
Writer(s): Paul Simon
Lyrics powered by www.musixmatch.com
Other Album Tracks
- Old Friends - Live Version
- A Hazy Shade of Winter - Live Version
- I Am a Rock - Live Version
- America - Live Version
- At the Zoo - Live Version
- Baby Driver - Live Version
- Kathy's Song - Live Version
- Tom and Jerry Story - Live Version
- Hey, Schoolgirl - Live Version
- Everly Brothers Intro - Live Version
- Live At Carnegie Hall 1969 - EP
- Playlist: Simon and Garfunkel's Greatest Hits
- Live At Syracuse University, Syracuse, Ny, Nov 1967 (Remastered)
- The Early Years 1957-1962
- Live 1969
- Old Friends Live On Stage
- The Essential Simon & Garfunkel
- The Collection
- Live from New York City, 1967
- Live From New York City, 1967 (Alben für die Ewigkeit)
© 2024 All rights reserved. Rockol.com S.r.l. Website image policy
- Rockol only uses images and photos made available for promotional purposes (“for press use”) by record companies, artist managements and p.r. agencies.
- Said images are used to exert a right to report and a finality of the criticism, in a degraded mode compliant to copyright laws, and exclusively inclosed in our own informative content.
- Only non-exclusive images addressed to newspaper use and, in general, copyright-free are accepted.
- Live photos are published when licensed by photographers whose copyright is quoted.
- Rockol is available to pay the right holder a fair fee should a published image’s author be unknown at the time of publishing.
Please immediately report the presence of images possibly not compliant with the above cases so as to quickly verify an improper use: where confirmed, we would immediately proceed to their removal.