To bring some daylight out of me
Help me find my prints from better times
The silence only feeds the ghosts
And tells them that they're not alone
And we can't keep building homes on dotted lines
There was a time when I was brave
There was a place for looking up and feeling safe
When the sides split into good and bad
Do you want to take the middle
Could it really be that simple
Maybe it's the sullen moon
That brings the water back so soon
I'd wondered why it had taken so long
The morning drives from evenings past
And we're still smoking last year's grass
Maybe we'll find strength after it's gone
There was a time when I was free
There was a place where we could live and disagree
Raiding churches for the concrete bars
Still out searching for the symbol
Maybe it really is that simple
There was a time when it was hard
There were places in between the smallest parts
But it's a paper blade you're given
Is it fear or hope you cripple
Oh love, it really is that simple
Writer(s): Joshua Schultz
Lyrics powered by www.musixmatch.com
Other Album Tracks
- Time on Our Own
- The Problem With Everything
- Rise Again Tomorrow
- Same Drugs
- When We Were Free
- Blue Moon
© 2023 All rights reserved. Rockol.com S.r.l. Website image policy
- Rockol only uses images and photos made available for promotional purposes (“for press use”) by record companies, artist managements and p.r. agencies.
- Said images are used to exert a right to report and a finality of the criticism, in a degraded mode compliant to copyright laws, and exclusively inclosed in our own informative content.
- Only non-exclusive images addressed to newspaper use and, in general, copyright-free are accepted.
- Live photos are published when licensed by photographers whose copyright is quoted.
- Rockol is available to pay the right holder a fair fee should a published image’s author be unknown at the time of publishing.
Please immediately report the presence of images possibly not compliant with the above cases so as to quickly verify an improper use: where confirmed, we would immediately proceed to their removal.