When We Were Free
I'll cut my body open wide
So when I get older I will know
That I got everything that I could get from this old life
I'm not looking backwards anymore
When I hear sirens
I'll call everybody close to me
So when I get notified they'll see
That I said everything that I could say when we were free
And there's nothing hanging from my teeth
This colored condemnation
Makes for useless conversation
It's such an empty affirmation
"I want it now"
When I'm a shadow
I'll float under you and fill your room
So when the lights come on we'll know
That I did everything that I could do to stay with you
I've always had a hard time letting go
Writer(s): Joshua Schultz
Lyrics powered by www.musixmatch.com
Other Album Tracks
- Time on Our Own
- The Problem With Everything
- Rise Again Tomorrow
- Same Drugs
- When We Were Free
- Blue Moon
© 2023 All rights reserved. Rockol.com S.r.l. Website image policy
- Rockol only uses images and photos made available for promotional purposes (“for press use”) by record companies, artist managements and p.r. agencies.
- Said images are used to exert a right to report and a finality of the criticism, in a degraded mode compliant to copyright laws, and exclusively inclosed in our own informative content.
- Only non-exclusive images addressed to newspaper use and, in general, copyright-free are accepted.
- Live photos are published when licensed by photographers whose copyright is quoted.
- Rockol is available to pay the right holder a fair fee should a published image’s author be unknown at the time of publishing.
Please immediately report the presence of images possibly not compliant with the above cases so as to quickly verify an improper use: where confirmed, we would immediately proceed to their removal.